Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive - confused!

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi to anyone who remembers me, it's been a while since I posted.

As the title says, I'm confused by O2 Travel Inclusive.  I spoke to Live Chat this morning as I wanted my PAC to move to Three for their Go Roam.  I was offered O2 Travel Inclusive and decided to go ahead but now I'm having second thoughts as I've found online that data it throttled after 150MB.  I spoke to customer services who said it's unlikely that it would be but I've found so many posts complaining about speed that I'm now regretting staying!

Has anyone been to the US and had decent speeds? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone will get a different experience so knowing what others get may not help you.
The T&C's say that O2 reserve the right to throttle data under certain circumstances, such as the amount you are using as an individual, the time of the day and the amount of others also roaming at the same time in the same area.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 64

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I think you would be better with Three. It's too late once you are in the States and find out that you may well be affected by poor data speeds. But that's just me....

and welcome back @Harrysmum2008 grin

Message 3 of 64

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks both, good to see you're both still here!

@jonsie, that's what I was thinking.  We don't go until next year but there were some good deals about so I started looking early.  I think it will be Three to be honest.  We're doing a road trip so although we'll have a sat nav it's for those times when we need to look up an address.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 4 of 64

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think that's the right decision. My experience of roaming outside the EU with O2 was frustrating to say the least but this wasn't in the US or with Travel Plus. Though people have reported different experience in fairness.

Message 5 of 64

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As a backup. you could take a Three sim in a mobile wifi hotspot device and logon to that with your phone if the O2 data isn't working.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/112472914257?chn=ps
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 64

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I'm in the USA now, Orlando.
We have the travel inclusive zone free with our sim only deal.
At first we only got 50Mb of data then none but spoke with CS today and it's been sorted.
At the moment coverage is good and 4g speeds are good but only been using for a day
We used three for our previous visits but O2 is much better at the moment.
Would let you know in a few days if we get throttled
Message 7 of 64

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just done a speedtest
22Mb down and 6 up
Message 8 of 64

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can't grumble at those speeds when roaming.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Harrysmum2008

Great to see you back. Hope all is well?

If you aren't going till next year, I would make the decision nearer the time (Particularly with O2)

What's happening now could be all changed later. Just make sure your phone is unlocked would be my advice...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 64