Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone versus O2 Travel Bolt

Martin_xx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand the difference between the coverage of the the Travel Inclusive Zone (23 countries outside Europe) versus the full Bolt On (63 countries outside Europe). I have the Travel Inclusive Zone already included for free in my Volt package.

In January 2024 I will be travelling to Chile, Argentina and Brazil. Chile and Argentina are included in the Inclusive Zone package for which I'm covered without charge. Brazil is not covered, but is included in the full package where you can pay an additional £6 per day. My question is: if I activate the full Bolt On, will I start getting charged for roaming in Chile and Argentina? This should be free as part of my Inclusive Zone package but these countries are also listed in the 63 countries covered by the full Bolt On, charged at £6 per day. Will O2 systems over-ride the Incusive Zone package with the full Bolt On and start charging me in Chile and Argentina? Logically I should only be charged for Brazil.

Has anyone had personal experience of this, rather than knowing logically what should happen?   

Also, if I activated the full Bolt On just for my period in Brazil, then opted out of it when I return home, will it also deactivate my Inclusive Zone package? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Martin_xx 

The two packages are separate and each will be used when in the relevant country.

There's no need to cancel the travel bolt on as it only applies when abroad but will not effect the inclusive bolt on if you do. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Martin_xx 

The two packages are separate and each will be used when in the relevant country.

There's no need to cancel the travel bolt on as it only applies when abroad but will not effect the inclusive bolt on if you do. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Martin_xx
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's really useful, and thanks for replying so quickly. Still a bit nervous tbh as don't want to be charged £6 per day for the full 25 days, but you did sound confident about your answer. Only in Brazil for 6 days, which is worth it for the convenience.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Martin_xx 

It's essential for countries not covered by inclusive as the cost of using standard rates will give you heart failure.

Using Your Phone Abroad → O2 Travel Search Tool | O2

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Martin_xx
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again for the help.... appreciated. A few years ago I did have roaming turned on unintentionally and would have incurred £120 of charges within 5 minutes of landing abroad, just for messages and notifications. Luckily I had set an overspend limit on my package of £10.... heart failure avoided, plus lesson learned.

Message 5 of 5