Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On

ellie2605
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Someone please help me out here before I lose it... I am travelling to Australia next month. After some digging, I discovered the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On. 

Now, I have looked at a couple of articles (from the O2 website), which suggest you get 120 minutes & texts and unlimited data in Australia for free:

All I am trying to suss out is whether I am eligible for this. I have spoken to 2 O2 employees on live chat and one on the phone and no-one seems to understand what I am talking about. 

The article states "Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone, is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB tariff, and 15GB and above tariffs.  It’s not available on tariffs below 4GB, or our 5GB and 10GB tariffs." I am on none of these - I am on a 12GB plan. I just want to know how to get this included!! 

My thinking is this, if I increase my bill by £5 for the 3 remaining months on my contract up to 15GB, this will be cheaper than 8/9 days of £4.99 per day.. 

Thoughts, views and opinions please before I go nuts!? Has anyone heard of this bolt on or used it previously?

Thanks,

Ellie 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ellie2605 wrote:

The article states "Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone, is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB tariff, and 15GB and above tariffs.  It’s not available on tariffs below 4GB, or our 5GB and 10GB tariffs." I am on none of these - I am on a 12GB plan. I just want to know how to get this included!! 

My thinking is this, if I increase my bill by £5 for the 3 remaining months on my contract up to 15GB, this will be cheaper than 8/9 days of £4.99 per day.. 

Unfortunately @ellie2605 you are not eligible for the free travel offer and there is no way to increase your tariff to obtain it either.

If you wish to use your O2 phone you will need to pay the £4.99 daily charge for the regular travel bolt on.

There are alternatives for you, such as unlocking your phone and using a local PAYG sim card when abroad, or just use free WiFi connections and use Skype, WhatssApp, Facetime, or other messenger services over the WiFi connection without incurring O2 costs.

The good news, though, is that you can now get 4g when roaming with O2 in Australia, so if you choose to use O2, you should get good data speeds.

Enjoy your holiday slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
First question is did you get your contract direct from o2 @ellie2605? If not then you won't be eligible.
Next question is if your data allowance is 12Gb or if you joined when there was an offer of extra data?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You can also read the guide below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...
This also states that you needed to have started your contract AFTER the 22nd March 2018.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ellie2605 wrote:

Unfortunately @ellie2605 you are not eligible for the free travel offer and there is no way to increase your tariff to obtain it either.

If you wish to use your O2 phone you will need to pay the £4.99 daily charge for the regular travel bolt on.

There are alternatives for you, such as unlocking your phone and using a local PAYG sim card when abroad, or just use free WiFi connections and use Skype, WhatssApp, Facetime, or other messenger services over the WiFi connection without incurring O2 costs.

The good news, though, is that you can now get 4g when roaming with O2 in Australia, so if you choose to use O2, you should get good data speeds.

Enjoy your holiday slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4