Did you mean: 

O2 Switch Up

n14_f
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I took our an O2 switch up plan a while ago (pre Aug 23) and switched up my phone to the 15 Pro on release day but wish I'd gone for another colour. Any ideas if I am able to switch up again or would I now need to wait the 90 days.

I can see that the Ts & C's were changed but can't work out if my switch up plan is classed as pre Aug 23 or if it would just start again when I got the new phone meaning it would be after Aug 23 and subject to the 90 day wait time before switching up again.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@n14_f 

You should stay on your original terms.

Discussed here and you will see much confusion and misunderstanding around.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Rob_83
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

August 3rd is the key date, not sure what significance August 23rd has. As long as you were on a plus plan before August 3rd and have stayed on one ever since, you'll remain on the anytime terms. This was confirmed to me by Dave the O2 Community Manager and he helped make my local store understand that we keep those terms.

Message 3 of 18

n14_f
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I tried 3 stores local to me to be told that the 90 day terms would apply and that I can't switch up until December. 😑

Message 4 of 18

n14_f
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Rob, sorry was referring to Aug 2023 rather than the 23rd! I'll try my local store again and hope they can help, probably sounds trivial to them just wanting to swap a phone over + they aren't getting a new sale so felt they were probably less inclined to help with my query.

Message 5 of 18

n14_f
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried them again and they said I cannot switch up and that the terms that were applicable as of 3rd August apply to me as my plan technically 'started again' in September when I switched to the new iPhone and therefore meaning I can't switch again until December.

Message 6 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@n14_f 

If you read through the  link I gave you earlier you will see this is wrong and very misunderstood.

You need to keep trying and show the comments made by O2 in the thread.

Once they attempt to process your upgrade, it should be allowed on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

n14_f
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I can try next time I am in the area. I didn't want to drive over knowing it was going to be a no as the closest store is about 30 minutes away, I did read part of that thread to the man on the phone who said that the new terms were put in place to stop people abusing/misusing the benefit.

Message 8 of 18

Rob_83
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah as @MI5 says, that's wrong. I don't think it's the stores being malicious and awkward, it's generally just a wholly confusing and poorly communicated situation. My issue was ultimately sorted but even when I went back to the store to get my P8P, they tried it on until one of the three staff members recalled a message - either from their area manager or from the community manager here - clarifying things.

They lamented that there still hasn't been an official brief through their internal systems but the switch up definitely went through for my partner who technically couldn't have switched up if we had in fact been moved to 90 day terms as she last switched in late August.

So it's definitely possible if you meet the criteria I mentioned before and is also mentioned in MI5's link.

Stick at it. The stores are wrong and they need to be educated. People on the old terms that have continued to be on a plus plan (and NOT a bolt-on) can continue on their old terms.

As a last resort, seek assistance from Dave the community manager who posted in the other thread. He can get the message through to the store but he's not technically customer service so please don't reach out to him unless you absolutely have to.

Message 9 of 18

Rob_83
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is indeed why the new terms were introduced, but those of us on old terms cannot be forced onto the new terms unless we break our continuous extension of the old terms.

One of the staffers in my store said they had such a customer, just exploiting every offer they could. Galaxy buds, Sony TV etc.

It's a shame people like that ruin the awesome flexibility of Switch Up.

To add, the staff don't work on commission now, so that's one less reason they'd be trying to stop you from switching up. New sale or not, it no longer matters to them. It's genuinely a policy misunderstanding and the head office seems largely uninterested in ironing out the misconceptions.

Message 10 of 18