Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Switch Up - not able to Switch Up!

cowmos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Highly frustrating experience trying to get my upgraded phone on the O2 Switch Up plan.

Received a text message to say my phone was ready to pick up. Went to the branch only to be told that the system for processing the Switch Up was down. The member of staff checked with colleagues via an internal O2 WhatsApp group, and said other branches had reported the issue.

I was told that they won’t know the system is up & running again until someone else comes in to upgrade their phone; if that customer’s Switch Up process works then they’ll give me a call to come in!

Highly frustrated, and disappointed that I’m paying extra for this service when it’s clearly not working as it should. I have absolutely no idea when my phone will be available to take home with me! I’m just waiting for a phone call. Sadly, I’m not near a store, so have to plan a trip carefully!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 7008 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Yes @Hacwa, do please keep us updated.  

Message 11 of 16

Hacwa
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a call at 6pm last night as the store closed that they had just gotten an update from the IT department that the issue is now resolved. They said they confirmed in the back office also. I will make a trip to the store today to confirm.

Message 12 of 16

Hacwa
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been into store today and was able to switch device.

Message 13 of 16

Oxonian
  • 7008 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Hacwa 

Good outcome in the end despite the pain, I hope the new device lives up to expectations. 

Message 14 of 16

Hacwa
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian The phone really isn’t much better 😂, practically the same device.

I switched back to Apple 4 months ago since the iPhone 3GS, I only did the switch up because the iPhone 15 come out and I would be paying the same price for the 15 pro max as I am for the 14.

All the best slight_smile

Message 15 of 16

Oxonian
  • 7008 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Hacwa 

I'm glad to hear that you have resolution. 

Message 16 of 16