Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Sim Volt Cancellation

William63
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can somebody put me in touch with someone who can help please. 

I’ve spent over 2 hours on hold trying to cancel my 02 sim that’s part of my volt bundle but keep getting the run around. 

I cancelled my virgin package on the back of the email informing me of my right to do so as the prices were increasing. However o2 are having none of it and want to charge me a cancellation fee when the email clearly states I can do it with no charge. 

I’ve seen other posts where people have had the same issue but I need someone to help because if spend one more second being passed around the call centres and different depts at o2 then someone is going to end up getting chewed out and it’s not fair on them. 

one thing is absolutely certain after this ordeal, I WILL NEVER have anything to do with o2 again. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@William63 

Virgin need to transfer you to O2 and confirm that you have cancelled with them, so you need to go back to Virgin.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

William63
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes. Appreciate this. However I have done this 3 times today and can confirm this does absolutely nothing and provides the exact same result each time: Transfer to a dept that never answers. I spent 60 mins on hold before I gave up and came here. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@William63 

You need to keep trying unfortunately.

O2 won't cancel for free without confirmation from Virgin.

You could try asking for help on the Virgin forum.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

William63
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeh I mean that’s not happening. When all they do is put you through to o2 customer services who then claim they have to put you through to the “360 account” team except they don’t actually put you through to the correct place. Then you get transferred again and get sat in an hr long hold call that nobody ever picks up. 3 separate times this exact thing has happened.

Quite frankly it’s a disgrace from both sides. Be glad to be rid of both of these companies

Message 5 of 5