cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 SMS Service for Outlook 2010

Anonymous
Not applicable
Outlook 2010 has a load of integrated Text Messaging features and I would like to know if O2 have any plan on making these desktop based experiences available to Pay Monthly customers?

I would love to be able to setup Outlook with my O2 details so that I can send text messages from Outlook and recieve copies of my texts on the PC.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
24hrs and no replies? This forum is normally quite chirpy.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have sms with outlook 2007 aswell but i know it's more polished in 2010.

I can only see them doing an intergration if you have a mobile internet dongle and thats a very big if! They already have thier own SMS client with the bundeled software. Plus they offer SMS messages online too.

Also if you were thinking of getting your phone messages sent to your PC; I dont think thats possible as it would require to replicate the phones protocols at the same time!

Unless there is a huge demand for this (I don't think there would be), then i'm not sure o2 would put in the effort!

Sorry
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Third parties offer SMS gateways which allow send/receive. This sort of service is really only of use if you are sending large numbers of messages.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like this functionality as well.
It is easier to type on my PC than my phone...I have unlimited texts on my phone, O2 broadband with 500 texts per month via web.
Integrating Outlook with the O2 SMS gateway would seem to be an excellent way to text lots of friends quickly.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think this is something that o2 would be looking to implament. The general demand wouldn't be that high. Also, it opens up the possibility of putting extra strain on the network with customers and even businesses using personal sims to text hundreds of people at once - it's very open to excessive use if the account has unlimited SMS.
Message 6 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3127 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Hate to say it, but that type of functionality is directed towards the corporates who can afford to run the service over the long term. As above, consumer wise it would be become expensive and not of use to those who don't have Outlook.
I agree though, it is useful thing to call on even as a PAYG service.
Message 7 of 7