Did you mean: 

O2 Roaming in Dominican Republic?

dgboss10
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm going to Dominican Republic soon, does anyone have any experience with the roaming there? Do o2 limit the speeds like they do in US?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@dgboss10 

My Son went there 2 years ago and learnt very quickly to use Wifi in bars, hotels and restaurants.

You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.

If you don’t have the O2 Travel Bolt On, you’ll pay our standard rates:

Standard rates 23.png

If you use Wifi you can keep in touch with people by using Whatsapp or Messenger over Wifi. Make sure the people you want to stay in touch with have those apps as well.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@dgboss10 

My Son went there 2 years ago and learnt very quickly to use Wifi in bars, hotels and restaurants.

You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.

If you don’t have the O2 Travel Bolt On, you’ll pay our standard rates:

Standard rates 23.png

If you use Wifi you can keep in touch with people by using Whatsapp or Messenger over Wifi. Make sure the people you want to stay in touch with have those apps as well.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

dgboss10
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm going on a cruise so i dont mind the £6 a day charge. I just wasn't sure about the data speed caps if any that o2 have there.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@dgboss10 

All destinations covered by O2 travel have speeds restricted to 0.5mbps so is basically useless.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@dgboss10 

If you are going on a cruise, do NOT use your phone when on board. The ship uses a maritime network which is very expensive. Wait until you dock and are well away from the ship before using your phone in places with free Wifi .

Guide: Cruise Liners / Aircraft Charges 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5