cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just bought my partner a new phone on the o2 refresh, for some reason o2 asked for a deposit of £450 for an iPhone 6. Needing a new phone asap i ordered her a Samsung Ace for the time being.

Obviously i can upgrade anytime so what happens if in a month or so i want to pay off this Samsung Ace and get an Iphone 6? 

Does this mean they will credit check again and again if you want to upgrade?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144765 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
No credit checks for upgrades usually, it's just for new contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144765 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
No credit checks for upgrades usually, it's just for new contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that, to me it seems strange as they wanted a £450 deposit for an iPhone 6, now i can just pay off the fee for the Samsung Ace next week and get the iPhone 6 for my partner at a far lower price than the deposit they asked for
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144765 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Your credit rating will be better too for doing it that way slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

For a new contract they will always credit check but for normal upgrades, as long as there are are no missed payments there will be no credit check. 

Message 5 of 5