cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh Upgrade and payment of outstanding balance...

gary_midgley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I want to upgrade my phone, but there is an outstanding balance (handset cost) on my current O2 Refresh Contract?

Question - How is the remainder paid for?  Is is debit card when you upgrade or Direct Debit with next bill?

G

Long standing O2 Customer.....maybe too long....
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gary_midgley
  • 20 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I contacted CS and they said 

once the bill is generated on the account, you can make the payment from any UK registered bank direct debit.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You need to contact CS on 202 and pay by debit or credit card then you will be free to upgrade your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
T&C's say you have to give written notice too but I'm not aware of anyone having to do that http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/device-plan-cca-tcs-updated-with-new-phone-number...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

gary_midgley
  • 20 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I contacted CS and they said 

once the bill is generated on the account, you can make the payment from any UK registered bank direct debit.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
OK, that's another option I guess - Sounds like they are adding it to your bill then ?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently paid off my handset on O2 refresh contract and did it by contacting CS and paying by credit card it was all done in a couple of minutes hope this helps
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently paid off my handset on O2 refresh contract and did it by contacting CS and paying by credit card it was all done in a couple of minutes hope this helps

That's the normal way of doing it.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7