Did you mean: 

O2 Pay Monthly and O2 Travel Inclusive

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

I've read the Guide: Roaming MegaGuide and have seen this:

Good news, our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On is now included with selected O2 Refresh tariffs over 90GB and SIM only tariffs over 100GB. You can also select the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On as your Extra if your O2 Refresh tariff is between 30GB and 89GB.

Setting aside Volt (which offers Volt Travel Inclusive), my questions are:

1. Is O2 Travel Inclusive only available on Refresh contracts, ie those purchased directly from O2?

2. What base data rates offered to O2 Shop customers qualify for O2 Travel Inclusive?

3. If O2 Travel Inclusive available to O2 customers with non-refresh bundles, ie bought from a reseller, what base data is needed to qualify for O2 Travel Inclusive (see attached pic showing a "low"-data, a "very-low-but-boosted-data", and a "mid-to-high-data" offering as an example). Note: O2 Refresh starts at 2GB, up to Unlimited, with only 3 x Plus Plans for the phone model I was interested in.

Sample from a reputable reseller, upgrade prices:

Screenshot_20221023-131952.png

It is not easy to find which data bands in O2 or via reseller qualify for O2 Travel Inclusive, even in the O2 Shop or Travel Inclusive help pages: https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

Screenshot_20221023-134006.png

"Selected Plus Plans" is vague, to say the least - and does not address the bundled, non-Refresh, part of my question above.

Thanks for any guidance!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @pgn I'l see what I ca find out on this one for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 13

pgn
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Any response or ruling, @Martin-O2

My fear is some tariffs are being sold with a boost, eg 10GB to 30GB here:

Screenshot_20221106-105812.png

And I cannot find anywhere if the Travel Inclusive bolt-on is offered free after the boost has been applied, or is based on the base data, 10GB (which probably won't cut it!).

Volt takes care of this by adding Volt Travel Inclusive, but not all are both VM and O2 customers.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 13

pgn
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Any update?  My upgrade date approaches, just before the Black Friday deals end (if I go "New" and transfer service, rather than go "Upgrade" at the get-go) and I need to know if the base data (my highlight below) or "boosted" data is what puts a phone into the Travel Inclusive bracket, @Martin-O2.

pgn_0-1668610298232.png

Still amazing that "Upgrade" costs more than the same for "New" when the SIM Switch process (4G to 5G) is the same, just initiated by Seller on "Upgrade" or the Buyer on "New" 🙄rolling_eyes

Thanks.

Message 4 of 13

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Nothing yet @pgn but I'll chase this up for you ASAP. 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 13

pgn
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Black Friday approaches - deals on double or boosted data from a lower to a higher quantity appear, handset prices drop a little from Manufacturer for a limited period...

But which of these is included and which excluded from O2's Travel Inclusive no-cost bolt-on?

Is it the final data figure on the "contract" paperwork with O2 that counts?

Inquiring minds, etc, @Martin-O2 ... 🚨 

pgn_0-1669206273523.png

Message 6 of 13

pgn
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

I'd love to accept a response as a solution here, but as yet, no definite response, @Martin-O2  - prices now in abeyance for Cyber Week (!):

pgn_0-1670060642832.png

Message 7 of 13

pgn
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

So here is, after a long search (no thanks to O2 here! 😡) is the skinny on Plus Plans, launched in Sep-2021 and apparently eligible for Travel Inclusive:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/all-tariffs

Plus Plans are available on these Pay Monthly phone tariffs: 10GB1, 30GB, 75GB, 150GB and Unlimited1.

View phones

1 Not all 10 GB and Unlimited tariffs are Plus Plans. Look out for the Plus Plan banner when browsing our shop.

And SIMO:

Plus Plans are available on these Pay Monthly sim only tariffs:

12 months: 30GB, 75GB, 150GB and Unlimited1.

24 months: 10GB1, 30GB, 75GB, 150GB and Unlimited1.

View Pay Monthly sims

1 Not all 10GB and Unlimited tariffs are Plus Plans. Look out for the Plus Plan banner when browsing our shop.

Hopefully O2 pricing and bands are still correct, @Martin-O2 ? (Or @Breanna or @RafaC 😁)

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I missed the above info @pgn (which is unusual as I read everything!) Although looking at the date you posted, I was probably wrapping Christmas presents 😂

Thanks for digging down and finding all of it though.

I suspect we will need to keep an eye on it.  Current presently, although who knows when the goal posts could be moved again?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

pgn
  • 36047 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

It had been niggling at the back of my head for a while, and I guess I got told to stay out of some room at that time so I would not see something I should not, @Cleoriff

The footnote comment ¹ that an XXGB Plan can, or perhaps cannot, be a Plus Plan I find really confusing:

• ¹ Not all 10GB and Unlimited tariffs are Plus Plans. Look out for the Plus Plan banner when browsing our shop.
Message 10 of 13