cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Int. favourites - Line drops every minute

Anonymous
Not applicable

I subscribed long ago to International Favourites. I noticed that when using the service to call a mobile the line drops continuously, like every minute or so. The line drops on this side, not theirs, because I can hear a tone that usually means "network error".

The two mobiles I am calling are in Italy, one with operator Wind and one with TIM. Having the same issue on that side with two different operators is quite unlikely. The problem is with O2.

This does NOT happen when calling landlines or when using the inbound "Italian" number.

The problem happens regardless of the connection I have (poor at my place, good at my office). And the line is perfectly ok when I call the two mobiles directly (inflating my bill like a balloon).

I notified your customer service a month ago and again a few days ago. Obviously they gave me a useless pre-cooked answer an didn't solve the problem.

Am I the only one in this situation?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's not something I use and we haven't got any other recent reports of this issue either.
As an alternative, have you considered http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/world-chat ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I can vouch for the quality of the world chat app. It is more expensive than the international favourites but far more reliable in my opinion. Give it a try, you get 6 minutes free....

Message 3 of 3