Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance Lost my iPhone 7

cottonnbeth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my iPhone broken by accidental liquid damage and contacted O2 insurance the following day and they arranged for my phone to be collected quoting a 3-5 day turnaround. I sent off my iPhone via DPD on the 28th December 2018. I am still yet to receive my new iPhone.

I had a call on 4th January 2019 asking what I'd packaged my phone in, I explained it was an envelope with the claim details sealed with parcel tape, it had been tracked by DPD and signed for by Anovo, I also received a confirmaton text stating that O2 had received my handset and were working on it and would be back in touch. O2 claimed that they had received an empty envelope and the handset was missing and the case was now under investigation. Each time I have called O2, including today, they have told me it would be resolved within 'the next two working days' however I am now coming up to 2 weeks without a handset. If my iPhone has been lost in delivery or in the warehouse then it's beyond my control and I'm getting sick of being fobbed off by O2 insurance telling me it's being dealt with. The phone is beyond repair anyway due to the liquid damage and I need another handset sending out without anymore delays. I'm still paying my contract for the handset as well as the excess being added to the next bill. 

Please help @EmilieT or @Martin-O2

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@cottonnbeth You can lodge a formal complaint using the Resolver website, but if you do, community admin will not be able to assist you. It's a difficult decision that only you can make.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

cottonnbeth
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you know roughly how long community admin take to come back to people like myself and whether or not they will be able to assist?

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

They normally answer the following day @cottonnbeth

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'm not certain they can help with insurance, can they?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Good luck
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm not certain they can help with insurance, can they?

I'm guessing not as they haven't acknowledged this thread?

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @cottonnbeth, I'm sorry to hear you've been having some troubles with your phone and O2 Insure ove the past couple of weeks - I can certainly have someone on our end look into this for you slight_smile I'll need a few more details first, so I'll send you a Private Message on the forum shortly!

@Cleoriff @MI5 @jonsie We can definitely try and help in this case, we'll keep you posted on the progress and hopefully resolution slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8