cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Home! (after 2 years hard labour at TalkTalk)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was never really dissatisfied with O2 before I left (well - indoors signal is not great but the TuGo ap' sorts that... ).

What happened was, it was time to upgrade.  I had chosen my phone. Been on the o2 website, worked out costs etc. Came onto chat with the o2 person. I told them I was thinking of leaving o2 for a better deal (true - ish).  "Certainly Sir... I'm sure I will be able to help blah blah blah... Good deal etc. 

So I went through the usual time consuming we-know-what-you-are-up-to! Sales hingo jingo. I'm thinking - 'Aah, it's OK.  Be worth waiting for for a" Good Deal". 

There was a lot of typing going on... Tippity tip tap... Time was dragging on.  YaAawn! 

Eventually the guy says "I've managed to get that down to £xx per month for you today!" 

Oh how I groaned (silently) and felt a pooling of tears on my bottom eyelids (fury... Defo not upset... No...) 

Oh cool... I said.  You've managed to "get that price down"  for me? Hmm? How come that's the HECK-A-ZACK-ALEE!  the price I got from your blooming website not 30 minutes ago... Well, more like an hour-and-a-half considering how long you've kept me 

talking on here! 

"Why didn't you say you had been on the website? "

"Surely that's irrelevant?" 

........ After some radio silence... 

"Ok... I don't want to leave... I can't be bothered after all this.  If you can just offer me a bit of a better deal, I will sort it out now for another 2 years."

"Sorry, that's the best I can do..

Won't bore you with any more comedy moments, but I wanted to post this as an example of how a perfectly good company - admittedly with hindsight - manages to lose 2 contracts they'd had for 4 years.  

My final conclusion was - I left o2 because they would not negotiate AT ALL and the sales guy was a tool.  

Now as I re-examine my memory - I don't feel these are the actual reasons. I believe a skilled communicator would have had me resigned with no reduction in monthly payments.  You simply cannot make use a blanket approach (and a very poor even slightly shady one) to every account retention that lands in front of you.  It's narrow minded, lazy and arrogant.

But now the GOOD STUFF PMSL 😂

I had to explain WHY I ended up with TalkTalk in the first place to give my post some kind of validity? Eh? Ha 😃

My wife had broadband with them.  

They gave a slightly better deal.  A few pounds a month. I always thought the o2 website, the communication with staff (until  the end...) the ordering of mobiles, delivery etc.  etc.  Everything was very... Well unexpectedly pleasant. 

Not so with TalkTalk.  What a shower of disorganised fools.  

Their online chat is such a nightmare.  I timed 7 minutes between my answering their agent's question once and them responding.  That was the longest the average is 2 - 4 minutes.  Go's like this:

Agent is typing: Are you havings a Samsung or an Apples phone Sir please? 

Customer is typing: Ive just told you... LG! 

THEN 5 MINUTES NOTHING pmsl! 

It's obvious there's some bugger sitting on a big platform in their office in Delhi banging in two big drums to keep up the rhythm on the THREE CALLS they must have on the go at all times slight_smile  

(for legal reasons this is meant tongue in cheek... The choice of a city on the Indian sub-continent is not an attempt to sneak some lazy racism under the radar. I did enter into a discussion regarding geographical location one day with my "agent " one particularly stressful afternoon and the above WAS confirmed. (although the specific location was lost in translation and the designated venue was a signed merely for the comfort of presbyopia or dim-of-wit forum friends x)

You don't get that with o2.  Or if you DO... They are smart enough not to let you notice lol.  I'm happy with that! (I hope they don't have a drummer, though?)

This post has gone WAY WAY over. I will cut the end part down.  

Lots more stuff with TT.

Broadband too dear.  Overpaying 5 years (my fault) Spent 2 weeks trying to... Keep broadband dear....

We have no record of that sir. 

Round houses 

Oh you have screenshots of everything. 

Oh we have found them sir.  It will be applied.  

It wasn't. 

It will 

It wasn't 

Eventually. 

Need new phone.  

Carphone Warehouse look cheap.  

Go there.  

Don't want to deal with Carphone Warehouse. 

Dong.  o2.  Grrrr.  One guy.  2nd chance.  

Go on Internet.  See phone.  Like price and tariff.  Order.  Come 2 days.  Happy.  

Tell forum peeps.  

Haa! 

Stu.  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Enjoy your new phone ! wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well that was entertaining. I laughed a lot as I love a 'good' story.....So anyway....

I hope you enjoy the phone.

When it comes

If it comes

Joking.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's already here! As expected.

But I'm at that If-I-look-directly-at-it I might DESTRUCTIFY it. I've got it BAD MAN!

Hence I type on my well-used, well-loved companion... The tips of my fingers all a - twinge with guilt....a warm glow envelopes my heart as I lust dreamily over at the boxed Samsung on the seat beside me.

To take it from the box and actually USE IT would be a akin to losing your 5 year old to a Tsunami in the Far - East. Then after 2 weeks of searching you finally find her and are OVERJOYED!
As you are a bit tired after all the searching you decide that you will let her travel home to Britain in a rubber dingy with Gary Glitter and a Rottweiler called Toby with a penchant for infantile femur marrow.

NO WAY I'M TOUCHING IT.

STILL GOT A MONTH ON THIS OLD ONE.

HOPEFULLY I WILL BE ABLE TO SET IT UP BEFORE THE CONTRACT RUNS OUT ON THIS ONE HA HA!

If you think I'm bad with a phone.... You should see me with a new CAR - PMSL!

Much Love strange phone forum peeps!
(seriously I hope this is like the 5th or 6th thing you go on when you go online... If it's the FIRST..😂😂😂😂😂
Message 4 of 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

1. Greatly entertaining post(s)

2. I worry slightly that you aren't going to use it for a month simply because you lose your right to return it as faulty within the first 28 days.

3. Enjoy your new phone and I hope all goes well now that you have returned from the dark side slight_smile

4. Interesting forum name wink

Message 5 of 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Hu... That is all
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I love how we are 'strange phone forum peeps'....

If and when you use the phone... hopefully before it 'destructifies'.....then please come back and let us know what you think..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Massively made me chuckle this morning.
Would agree @Choppercupgauge with the advice given above about trying the new phone before the 28 days (or even the 14 days change of mind period) runs out in case there is an issue.
You don't necessarily need to take it out of the house (or away from soft, soft carpet) so there is less chance of breaking anything.
Also, please let us know what you think of it - from the above I would guess an LG G5?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comic GOLD LOL 

Made me smile a lot today 

Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I love how we are 'strange phone forum peeps'....

Well, myself and one other are perfectly normal Dance

Message 10 of 21