Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Contract System?

Declan4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s Sunday 11:25pm and I’m now panicking unsure of what my outcome is since the page that I was one… being the final one in my Contract agreement where I was charged £30.00 for the iPhone 14 Pro Max… had left my bank. I even set up the direct debit, received the emails including CCA (Consumer Credit Agreement), KI (Key Information), PCCI (Pre-Contract Credit Information and finally the Pay Monthly Terms & Conditions for O2 Refresh? I’ve never been on contract and hoped my experience would be hassle free but I’m sat here wondering what’s happened and have I just been robbed of £30.00 because I even tried to do it again but it wouldn’t even let me checkout. I’ve had nothing else show in my inbox so far and I’m genuinely quite worried… I’ve seen others have similar experiences so was wondering if any other members could provide clarity for why this is happening and how do I know if or what is happening?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Declan4 - If you have been referred to get your credit worthiness checked, you won’t get an email until accepted.
If you are accepted, you will get full instructions emailed to you.

Your best option is to call O2 customer service - message them on Social Media if that works best for you - links just below this post for that. Or you can call O2 CS on 0800 081 0255 - around 08:15am is the best time to get through.

Also look in your spam folder, just in case the missing e-mail is lurking in there. Also it may take a day or two for O2 to confirm delivery - info on the new iPhone models here for info: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-14-amp-Apple-Watch-Megathread/m-p/1572296/highligh...

Good luck, @Declan4 - and welcome to your first contract with O2.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Declan4 - If you have been referred to get your credit worthiness checked, you won’t get an email until accepted.
If you are accepted, you will get full instructions emailed to you.

Your best option is to call O2 customer service - message them on Social Media if that works best for you - links just below this post for that. Or you can call O2 CS on 0800 081 0255 - around 08:15am is the best time to get through.

Also look in your spam folder, just in case the missing e-mail is lurking in there. Also it may take a day or two for O2 to confirm delivery - info on the new iPhone models here for info: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-14-amp-Apple-Watch-Megathread/m-p/1572296/highligh...

Good luck, @Declan4 - and welcome to your first contract with O2.

Message 2 of 5

Declan4
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m currently staying awake until they open yeah lol, it is rather silly though they can’t even just send a simple email saying like hey… we got your thing… we’re gonna take some time to review it and get back to you on whether or not… because I’m sat here £30.00 out of pocket on a chance that I might not even be approved? Do you have to be approved? Do they even give you the money back if it gets cancelled? I have a good credit score but again I wasn’t told my order was even placed… it just failed to continue… so bizarre honestly 

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Yes, you need to be approved for a new contract, including any renewals in coming years. If the credit checks fail, your money is returned. If the phone is out of stock, or there are pre-orders, it may take a while, as O2's Stock Management system is not the greatest. I can understand how concerning this is, as this is your first contract - I've had renewals with O2, in-store and on-line, and with 3rd-party resellers, again in-store and on-line, and the most clunky of those has been the O2 on-line store, unfortunately. Conversely, the best O2 experience for me has been in the O2 Shop, perhaps 4 or 5 times, flawless. On-line with the O2 website, there has always been something that has required a call to O2 - defeats the purpose, really.

I hope you hear good news later this morning, @Declan4.

Message 4 of 5

Declan4
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope so too, that does sound scary lol that the experience seems better in person but I always assumed they would credit check you at check out for something like a contract phone nowadays not have you wait a day or 2 but I suppose that’s me wrong lol. I don’t really understand either as it allows me to do the order process again, it’s not like it stops me and goes… we’ve already received 1 contract request but hey because it messed up try again? I’m not going too… as it would mess things up even more and I don’t want to give another £30 lol  

Message 5 of 5