cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Claims payed off device is "overdue". Phone barred.

ss1997
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I come here in frustration!

I've been an o2 customer for 5 years now and, It's been fairly stress-free. Until today. I received a text this morning claiming I had an overdue payment on my account that has been overdue for a while. As the amount was wrong and, this was the first time I heard about it, I assumed it was a scam. A few hours later I got an email saying the same thing and, including my phone number.

I decided at this point to contact O2 on the app. I have proof my device plan came out this month (also a different amount to claimed) and, my O2 (on web and app) show NO overdue payments. I eventually got a response saying that there IS an overdue payment on my account and, connecting it to the old device that I paid off in full last month. They keep going around in circles and, keep telling me to phone the payment management team (as this is now been escalated due to my "late" payment) and, to "relogin" to my account.

I phoned the line that it transfers you to when your phone is barred and, no word of a lie it said "Your account is overdue, you need to pay in full the balance of... £0". You can't make this up! I waited 30 minutes on the line and, due to having a toddler I couldn't hold on any longer. I've gone back and seen that the quoted amount due is my old device plan cost. This is clearly an error but, they won't budge on it.

Surely, if I paid my device plan in full and, everything BUT o2 customer services is saying I owe nothing then, this is an error? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Think we need some additional help here @ss1997 so I will tag the community gurus to investigate.

Can you see what you can find @O2Daniel @O2Emma ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj I can look into this thanks.

signature
Message 3 of 6

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @ss1997 I will need to send you a private message so I can look into it for you.

signature
Message 4 of 6

ss1997
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya, Thank you!

Message 5 of 6

ss1997
  • 3 Posts