cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 3G - Slow for everyone in any town/city?

jrhop123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 37 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a 4G device, however when I am in the center of Guildford and it switches to 3G it is completly unusable. This happens with friends and family on O2. I have mentioned this to O2 numerous times, but just get the usual run around about resetting network settings etc (which have already been tried).

Is it just known that O2 3G is total rubbish and mostly unusable?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Quick question. Is there no 4G in Guildford then? Sometimes when it is searching for the strongest signal it possibly gets neither....and fails to work properly...

Edited to add....I personally have no trouble with 4G or 3G in my area....I must be one of the lucky ones I suppose...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

jrhop123 wrote: 

Is it just known that O2 3G is total rubbish and mostly unusable?

Yes, O2 3g is pretty rubbish everywhere.

Always slow, congested and unusable.

4g saves most areas but I've noticed this go slow on occasion too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jrhop123
  • 37 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes there is sporadic 4G connection, however when it switches to 3G it simply doesnt work. I have also tested by changing my phone to use just 3G and it also doesnt work. Unable to load web pages and speed tests soemtimes even fail to start. Again this is happening with multiple devices, and works fine in other locations. Doing the same tests in a small village just outside Guildford with 4G/3G works fine and I can get high speed on both. 

This points to an issue in Guildford with O2, most likely with too many people connected to the masts. Either way it is an issue with O2, which they need to address.

Message 4 of 8

jrhop123
  • 37 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is pretty much as I thought, 4G is OK when it is available, which is rare.

I will applaud O2 for their ability to flatly deny an issue which clearly exists, impressive stuff.

Crazy

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
But it works great at 3.00 in the morning wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jrhop123
  • 37 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exactly, so it's a congestion/lack of investment in their network!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Pretty much, yes.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8