Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

FCGold
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all, Some help here could go a long way.

I'm new to O2 (ex Voda customer), as part of signing up ON 24th Oct I opted to transfer my number and provided my PUK. Few days passed and I received email messages confirming the account set up, my O2 SIM was delivered on Friday 27th Oct and Ive also since had a bill generated but to date no information sent regarding the request to transfer my old number which I thought was strange but ( guessed it was all still being set up). Today however my Voda SIM stopped working!! I called O2 to query the transfer and was informed there was an 'error' with the transfer and that they 'started' the process today again to transfer my number and it would be another 24hrs before the number would be ported/transferred.

The problem I cant be contacted via that number at the moment  (the number being transferred) as its no longer with Voda as when calling I receive a message saying it is invalid! After expressing this to O2, asking for the transfer to be expedited also raising escalations as no communication advising when the transfer would take place, I was not only being asked to contact Vodafone because there is no evidence that it stopped working because of O2's initiated transfer (!!) and that it could not be escalated because the transfer is going according to plan/timescales (How, I have no services!!!).

Is this normal? Surely as a new customer I O2 would understand the onboarding cannot be left pending for a whole 24hrs with the customer not having their number transferred as requested. 

The Customer Service agent did an amazing thing at explaining to me that nobody within O2 had the authority to override this issue to get my number restored and asked me to be patient. Come on now.. Customer service?

Any help here on getting this issue taken seriously by someone and my number back?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FCGold
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After 11 days I can report the number transfer completed yesterday. I have my number back.

Still, this has been a terrible experience for a new customer.

Thanks all for your support

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@FCGold 

Guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

As you have been onto O2 I will ask someone to follow this up

@O2Emma can you help, please

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 11

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Enlli I will look into this thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 11

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @FCGold I will need to send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 5 of 11

FCGold
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you Enlli . Hi Emma, Ive replied to you privately.

Message 6 of 11

FCGold
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you

Message 7 of 11

FCGold
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just to update on current: Sadly this is still not resolved - I was again told of a further 24hrs wait for the port to happen and promised a call back which I did not receive.

Message 8 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

I'll see if @O2Lisa can help with this as you are still waiting @FCGold 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 11

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@FCGold I’ll message you privately and have a look at this for you☺️

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11