Did you mean: 

Number port from Pay as you go to Pay Monthly

SH883
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There,

I am having trouble with porting a number from pay as you go to pay monthly, both on o2.

I completed the online form Tuesday morning, but never recieved any text confirmation like others on here have stated I should of got, but the Pay as you go sim has been deactiviated since Tues afternoon, but so far the number hasnt switched, which means I have no access to the pay as you go number, If called it says "number you have dialled has not been recognised"

I spent an hour with o2 customer service yesterday, whom stated it should be resolved "soon" but I'm worried about going into the weekend as I really need access to that number for work reasons.

Is there anywhere to get some kind of update, or goes as far to stop the port and reactivate the old number?

I'm worried if something don't happen soon I could loose that number forever, which would lock me out of certain accounts and work related accounts.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@SH883 

You need to persevere with O2, sorry.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@SH883 

Did you ever receive a new sim from O2?

If changing from PAYG to Pay monthly you will need a new sim as they are configured differently.

Info here :

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

SH883
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

Yes I got a new sim, took out the new pay monthly etc.

It's just the number swap that isnt working

My only major concern is the risk of losing the pay as you go number permanently

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@SH883 

If you've rebooted your phone a few times and nothing is happening then as @MI5 says, you need to persevere with  O2 I'm afraid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5