cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not wanting to upgrade.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I be allowed to pay off my device plan early and pay the settlement fee for my phone itself without upgrading with O2? Or does the airtime plan still have to be paid? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can pay off the phone in full and then give 30 days notice to end the airtime so you will get one more bill for the airtime part of your contract. Then you can leave o2 or go for a sim only deal.

If you are happy with your present tariff then you can stay on the airtime part of the contract on a rolling 30 day basis. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can pay off the phone in full and then give 30 days notice to end the airtime so you will get one more bill for the airtime part of your contract. Then you can leave o2 or go for a sim only deal.

If you are happy with your present tariff then you can stay on the airtime part of the contract on a rolling 30 day basis. 

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

To add to the above a help guide to Refresh here @Anonymous

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144964 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Would I be allowed to pay off my device plan early and pay the settlement fee for my phone itself without upgrading with O2? 

Yes slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4