Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered with network

Gooner007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have moved recently and get a very poor signal. I spoke to an O2 customer service agent who said I should be getting a good signal and told me to go to an O2 shop to get a more up to date sim which i did (whilst the agent was still on the phone and discussed with the shop worker). This was done but now I cannot call at all as my phone says 'not registered with network'. I have checked my coverage and it says it is good. It has never worked properly since I moved and now wont work at all. My postcode is DA13 0BT. Please could you check what is happening.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Gooner007 

That message you're getting means the sim isn't active, is damaged or not iserted correctly.

If the shop did the sim swap. try rebooting the phone first.

If they just gave you a blank sim, you need to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Also check the sim is fitted correctly.

You can check the signal level and any issues here O2 Service Status although nothing currently reported for your area.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Gooner007 

That message you're getting means the sim isn't active, is damaged or not iserted correctly.

If the shop did the sim swap. try rebooting the phone first.

If they just gave you a blank sim, you need to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Also check the sim is fitted correctly.

You can check the signal level and any issues here O2 Service Status although nothing currently reported for your area.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Gooner007
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The signal has been extremely poor since I moved and remained poor for the last 3 weeks despite what the O2 service status says. I have rebooted phone and it is since then it comes up with that message. I am not good with mobiles and am not confident with doing a sim swap which is why I went to the shop. I want to leave O2 as the only coverage here that works is EE but O2wont let me leave my contract as insist there is coverage when there isnt. I am not happy as feel O2 are lieing about coverage so I cant leave.
Message 3 of 12

Gooner007
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I make a complaint about O2 lieing about non existent coverage?
Message 4 of 12

Gooner007
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My mum had exactly the same problem with vodaphone who allowed her to end the contract and she went to EE as vodaphone also doesnt work here.
Message 5 of 12

Gooner007
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also how do I know if the sim is blank? They didnt tell me
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Gooner007 

The complaints process is here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Do you still have the old sim?

If so, try it. If it's still working, you need to do the sim swap to activate the new sim.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Gooner007
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What is the point of this forum when no one answers. I cant call O2 as my phone wont work. This is ridiculous.
Message 8 of 12

Gooner007
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No they didnt give me the old sim.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I haven't told you to call O2?
Have you read what I've replied to you?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12