Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving OTP passcodes

AngieFoskett
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m currently in Cyprus. I have a UK number, enough data and haven’t used my phone excessively. Since yesterday I’ve struggled to receive OTP passcodes. It took a few attempts yesterday but they did come through. Today, nothing. I’m struggling to do mine and Mum’s online banking without access to the passcodes. I’ve also had issues with sending text messages as it says they haven’t been delivered when they have. Mum in turn gets the same message when she replies. I’ve tried everything. I’ve updated to the latest iOS, reset network settings, turned off and on again. I don’t know what to do any more 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

These are some tips to try :

•   Reboot phone.
  •   Manually search for a different network
  •   If using an iPhone, change data apn to  mobile.o2.co.uk
  •   Call customer service to check for any roaming bars
  •   Or if you message O2 using the social media links below, they should be able to help you with this

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

These are some tips to try :

•   Reboot phone.
  •   Manually search for a different network
  •   If using an iPhone, change data apn to  mobile.o2.co.uk
  •   Call customer service to check for any roaming bars
  •   Or if you message O2 using the social media links below, they should be able to help you with this
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@AngieFoskett 

Message tips here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Remember, OTP's are sms not iMessage.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12074 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You might need to increase your spend cap too @AngieFoskett as we sometimes see that a £0 cap interferes with receiving OTP messages.

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

NR66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same problem after moving from Vodafone to O2 and getting a new iPhone15. Not sure if this would work for all but I turned off wifi on my phone, then initiated an OTP from one of the sites that requires them. That worked. I then turned wifi back on and initiated several other OTP requests, all of which also worked. Since then it has been working fine. Note all of that was whilst based in the UK

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@NR66 

Thanks for the suggestion. You have actually posted onto the end of a thread that was last active a year ago, but I am tagging @AngieFoskett in case she is still active in this community. 

Message 6 of 6