cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Notifying Customers Of Price Increases..

Jay-PS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 State: We know that our customers want transparency and control over their monthly bills" .https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2018/02/-pay-monthly-mobile-customers-with-three-face-...

I received no text, no email, no call, or letter, my bill changed from £12, to £21, in March onwards which is wrong I find.  How can you just increase peoples bills without any notice. Nothing! Do you want to stay, get a new sim-rolling-30, this is rigorous aggressive sale strategy to bill them a new amount, unexpectadely, & then say publically "We know that our customers want transparency and control over their monthly bills".  - anyone else see how stupid this?...trying to pull a blind one on customers.

Really annoyed that this has come to me leaving o2 for another provider, which will happen if seriously operate in a double-standard blindly.

Anyone able to help,  so far o2 have not stepped-up with owning up to fixing this, which would be ridicolous!

Customer service, and complaints team, hopefully someone senior is viewing as they know which customer i am.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yours does not sound like the rpi increase which everyone was informed about.
I suspect you were on a 12 month discounted tariff which has ended, hence the large increase.
You would now be advised to change your tariff again to another deal, which will last for a further 12 months and set a reminder on your phone to upgrade again in 12 months to avoid the price hike.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yours does not sound like the rpi increase which everyone was informed about.
I suspect you were on a 12 month discounted tariff which has ended, hence the large increase.
You would now be advised to change your tariff again to another deal, which will last for a further 12 months and set a reminder on your phone to upgrade again in 12 months to avoid the price hike.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Jay-PS This is not customer service. This is a customer forum, and no one here can address your complaint. No one here knows who you are. Call customer service. Do not use Live Chat. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If your increase was in March, why have you waited until now to complain?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you read your contact terms when you took it out you would have been aware that your contact carries on a monthly 30 day rolling contract and the tariff you took would clearly have stated that discounts were for the minimum period of the agreed terms. Everything clear and transparent. By agreeing to the contract you were understood to have read these terms. 

Message 5 of 6

Jay-PS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Because in March they upped the price, without telling me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff member in upgrades put phone down whilst I was asking technical questions on their phones, this isn't the first time > staff come to work, and don't want to work.   I'm finding it common experience amonst o2 customers, legitamately complaining of issues here.  I called back, and it was fobbed-off to South Africa team, who put a refund in of £21, but no one told me the bill had changed / from £12 previously I was paying to £21.

So I found out about increase in the bill in early May, when April's bill arrived for same amount as March, which i just could not make sense of, how's it £21 when 1) no notice, text, written email or letter, your promo has ended, you need to call customer services, I think this is a basic way to keep customers loyal, tell them the bill is changing

They shouldn't increase customers bills without telling me first.    Price increase in my bill, has been poorly communicated, not in-advance. I need to know with email, text, or something else in writing i.e. a letter when this happened even so on 30 day rolling contract.  

An O2 spokesperson said: "We know that our customers want transparency and control over their monthly bills, say's it all!there's no fix on Friday.

There hasn't been a fix. I'll waite till Monday, if they see problem is at their end, and from a customers point of view!

Message 6 of 6