Did you mean: 

Non urgent customer service

M1chelleW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,
First time posting so I’m sorry if I mess up! I’m looking at taking out a new sim only 12 month contract as my current O2 refresh contract is finished. I’ve read lots of posts saying I can keep my number by calling customer service but obviously they’re only taking urgent calls at the moment. Any advice on what I should do please?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
You should be able to UPGRADE your account via the website or the app @M1chelleW.
This will mean you keep the same number (and sim) but your tariff will change.
Choose the option at the bottom saying you are happy with your device.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 10

M1chelleW
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @gmarkj, thanks for your quick response. Thing is I’ve found a really good deal through Uswitch that isn’t available on my upgrade options so I was hoping to take that offer.
Message 3 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
You can take that offer if you prefer, but be aware that the you would then need to call customer services and ask them to move your number over.
There are several issues to that -
1, they are working with reduced agents so it is difficult to get through, and
2, as they are down in numbers the transfer of numbers is behind. The risk being that you could have two contracts running for a little while (and then be out of pocket).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 10

Niamh05
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. 

I'm in need of help. I was given a STAC code from my previous phone supplier to give to O2 and that'll cancel my contract with the previous people but I don't know where I'm supposed to give it. Please help!

Message 5 of 10

M1chelleW
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exactly that. I don’t want to call them as I know they’re under immense pressure at the moment and this definitely isn’t urgent. Maybe I’ll just hold off for a while and hope to find another really good deal when everything gets back to ‘normal’. I would do the upgrade but don’t want to be tied in for another 12 months knowing that I’m not getting a very good deal from the off. 😊
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Niamh05 A STAC code means you don't want to keep the number from your old network, so you don't need to give anything to O2. Please read this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Niamh05 wrote:

Hello. 

I'm in need of help. I was given a STAC code from my previous phone supplier to give to O2 and that'll cancel my contract with the previous people but I don't know where I'm supposed to give it. Please help!

@Niamh05 

Give the stac the same way as you would a pac on the keep my number form posted above.

You must do this for O2 to cancel your contract with your previous network or you must cancel it yourself. This will not port your number to O2 though. To do that you need your pac from your old network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions
@Niamh05 I apologise for not giving you the correct information. I didn't read the guide thoroughly myself. Yes you have to give the STAC to O2, which means a call to customer service, and at present will involve a very long wait on hold. Your best chance of getting through would be to try tomorrow at 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 10