Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal at new address - Cancel sim plan and keep device plan

harryb1397
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just spoken with someone from Customer Servies on 202 as i moved into a new house recently and have not been able to get signal other than in one location in my house. The only way i can get good consistent signal is to leave my hosue, but with the current restrictions in place, i can only go out once per day. This makes it difficult to keep in touch with family as required.

I was seeing if there is anyway i can cancel the sim(airtime) plan and just keep paying the device plan. I was told that i would have to pay £630.30 if i wanted to do this, but all i want to be able to do is continue to pay the monthly fee for my device and get a SIM only from anothe provider with signal. 

The CS rep tried to transfer me through to the technical team but this wasn't possible as they were shut due to the current situation. He advised i submit a request on here. I'm looking to be able to cancel my airtime plan with little or no termination fee as I'm currently paying for a service which i cannot utilise. The CS rep advised that this is something which could be possible. He searched the signal in my area but the results im getting are not matched to those O2 is saying its providing/quoting. Please can someone advise what can happen next

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145316 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27890 Solutions

@harryb1397 

The device must be paid off first before you can cancel the airtime Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 2