cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have two O2 pay monthly iPhone 7's one works fine in the USA, the other shows no service. O2 customer service tell me it's fine, then just cut me off when it gets too difficult. Pretty rubbish service. Any ideas O2?
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It can all depend on what data package to are subscribed to on o2’s system which isn’t something you can check yourself, however, it is strange that nothing is working as jonsie says.
It would indicate that international roaming isn’t enabled on that account but only o2 can check that for you so you need to keep on to customer service until they fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Check the APN on the phone that's not working

Change your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and it should work abroad

When you get home you need to call O2 and ask the to change your data package to iData for iPhone, then reset your network settings so the apn is back to "iData.o2.co.uk"

Edited to ask if both phones are using the same network? If not try a manual network selection...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Guarantee the non working phone is not on iData.
Did this account change from an android or other phone or was the account changed recently?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That would give no data but not no service surely.

Maybe try cleaning the sim card as well as the above. 

Message 4 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear you're having issues with service on your phone! 😞 Please do take a look at the advice above from our members and let us know how you get on - any improvement?

Thanks @Cleoriff@MI5 and @jonsie!

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks all for replies. Idata settings are same as working phone, manual selection gives same result. Both our phones are iPhone 7s, same contract, both o2. One works one doesn't. I think o2 have blocked one but customer services won't help.
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It can all depend on what data package to are subscribed to on o2’s system which isn’t something you can check yourself, however, it is strange that nothing is working as jonsie says.
It would indicate that international roaming isn’t enabled on that account but only o2 can check that for you so you need to keep on to customer service until they fix it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Have you tried Live chat or did you call them? 

It certainly sounds as though it's an account issue. 

Message 8 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous thanks for the update. Sorry to hear it's still not working. 😞 Please do keep us updated if anything changes. I've also dropped you a quick PM (private message) just in case to get a few additional details.

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turned out O2 had added a roaming bar in error after all. Doubt it would have got fixed if it wasn't for posting on here so thanks all!
Graeme
Message 10 of 15