Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data & caller ID after sim swap

joe89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently upgraded from iPhone 11 Pro Max to iPhone 14 pro max.

Received and swapped to new ‘5g’ sim, since then I have no data & no caller ID on incoming calls.

If I toggle airplane mode, I get 3,4 or 5g depending on my location but it drops back out soon afterwards, 1 in 10 incoming calls has an ID.

I have reset network settings, rebooted the phone multiple times, tried with 5g Wi-Fi off, Wi-Fi calling off, nothing makes a change.

APN is set to idata.

I spoke with customer services 4 days ago, they ran back through everything I had already tried and then told me technical support would be in touch.

I am about ready to give up and transfer to another network, I have been with O2 since the first iPhones were only available on it.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This community is littered with the same problem and your only option  is to persevere with customer service as we have lost the support of O2 account advisers

We do know that one poster had the issue fixed by having the account disconnected and then reconnected to O2

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This community is littered with the same problem and your only option  is to persevere with customer service as we have lost the support of O2 account advisers

We do know that one poster had the issue fixed by having the account disconnected and then reconnected to O2

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

joe89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your quick reply @jonsie, I will persevere with customer services!

Failing that it will be hello to EE!

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 4