Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim for 3 weeks and counting

Kim5Wilson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in desperate need of some advice as I have had no SIM for 3 weeks! O2 customer service won’t get back to me or help. 

I upgraded my phone 3 weeks ago on my O2 app, and selected an Esim. The code never arrived, and O2 cancelled my original sim. 
I then spent 1.5hrs in my local shop in Newbury trying to sort this problem but they sadly couldn’t help as they don’t have the updated software. 
Customer services was supposed to send me an actual physical sim but it never arrived. So, a week later (with no working phone only Wifi) I went back to the shop to be told customer services never orders the sim but has processed another one and it will arrive in another 3-5 days. 
I asked O2 store to give me a PAYG sim to tide me over but they refused and so I bought one myself. That’s customer service for you. At this point I’m fuming and call customer service to return my upgrade and cancel my contract, I spent 2.5 hours on the phone to two different advisors that couldn’t complete my return even though it was only 8days in. 
so, I tried again the following morning with no luck but the advisor was more helpful and explained my account seemed locked and had to sent it to technical support. 
In the meantime the Sim arrives in the post so I try to activate with no joy and a few phone calls later it won’t work because of the Esim!!!

Three weeks later, still no working Sim although I have been sent another one that I didn’t request and no reply from the email I sent 2 weeks ago to customer complaints. 
All I want is to return the phone, cancel my contract and have my number released from O2. 
Can anyone help me please as I’m at my wits end with this. 
Kind regards, 

Kim 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145024 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Kim5Wilson 

Let's see if @O2Sarah- can help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Kim5Wilson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 🙏 

Message 3 of 10

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5  

@Kim5WilsonI will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 4 of 10

Kim5Wilson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: Sarah was great and managed to get me a working Sim after 3 weeks. 

My problem now is that I want to return the upgrade phone (not used), cancel my contract and keep my number as the service I have received is terribly. 
But I am now out of the 14 days allowed to return my phone, even though I asked to return it multiple times within the 14 days but O2 couldn’t progress it due to the Esim issue! 

Help, this is no fault of my own, let I’m being punished. 
I also haven’t received a reply from my complaint email sent 2 weeks ago or a phone call from a manager that I requested last Friday. 
Any hell or advice is greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

Kim 

Message 5 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

I'm not sure there is much the community advisors will be able to do, but let's give them a chance @Kim5Wilson.

Can you see if there is anything you can do @O2Jonathan @O2Emma ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 10

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj thank you for the tag, I will private message you @Kim5Wilson now.

signature
Message 7 of 10

Kim5Wilson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: I have been asking O2 to cancel my contract and for me to return my upgraded phone now since beginning of January and they still cannot sort out the error on my account to allow me to do this. They have agreed I can stop return the phone as I asked within a week of receiving it. 
They are now chasing me for payment as I was advise by O2 to cancel my direct debit. 
I have been sent a PUK code to move to a different provider but can’t do this while still in contract with O2. 
How can this take so long??

Can anyone help on this matter? 
Do I need to go to the ombudsman? 
Any advise is greatly appreciated, never experienced such bad customer service and am totally at my wits end. 
Many thanks, 

Kim 

Message 8 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36464 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Looks like you have had a few O2 Advisors on the thread, have none been able to help, @Kim5Wilson?

@O2Sarah- is on again in the morning, in the meantime all I can suggest is to reach out to O2 via Social Media, if that works for you, on any of the three links just below this post.

More on returning items here for info, and  info on how to complain.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returns-and-repairs

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck!

Message 9 of 10

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Kim5Wilson I will send you a private message so i can take another look at this.

Message 10 of 10