Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

Aimee22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’ve been with O2 for about 8 years now and don’t usually have issues. I usually get a 2/3 year contract and then upgrade, however I recently gave birth so can’t spare the extra income and decided to just keep this phone and pay less now that I’ve paid off the contract. A few months before my contract was finished, I started experiencing really poor signal, even using my data didn’t make a difference. My partner is on O2 and his phone is the model after mine, yet his signal was fine. I don’t want to sound like a conspiracist, but with the timing I can’t help but think I’m being pushed into upgrading my phone. I also get at least 3 calls from O2 a month telling me about their upgrade offers despite me saying I’m not interested. Is there anyway I can prove this and get someone to fix the issue or compensate me for the fact I’m paying for a service and not receiving it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144750 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Aimee22 

You might wat to try a new sim first as yours may be underperforming.

There's no way O2 can single you out for a bad signal without there being a fault somewhere.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Aimee22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Probably a daft question, but do I order a new sim card or do I just grab one from the shops😅

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23168 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Aimee22 O2 has adopted an idiotic policy of disconnecting customers if they order a new sim online. If you have an O2 store nearby, your best option is to call in and they'll swap your sim for you while you're there. Be sure to bring photo ID with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4