Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on iPhone 6 in USA

cm1210
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved to the US a couple of years ago, but kept my UK SIM (Pay Monthly) active and still pay the bills. Haven't used the SIM for quite some time but i have a need to do it to access some of my UK personal accounts.

However, when plugging the SIM into my iPhone 6 (unlocked) i cannot get any service, it forever shows no service, whether i set the Carrier to automatic, or manually select one.

Any thoughts? Could my SIM be inactive due to its lack of use? Coudl it be blocked internationally? I can't see a way to check this on my onilne account.

Note that the phone in question is 100% unlocked. It allows various USA SIMS as well as my husbands UK SIM.

Any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like the sim has failed so you'll need to talk to customer service to resolve this, http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You'll most likely have to have a new sim sent to a UK address though and forwarded onto you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like the sim has failed so you'll need to talk to customer service to resolve this, http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You'll most likely have to have a new sim sent to a UK address though and forwarded onto you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If its a monthly contract that you are still paying then the sim card shouldn't become inactive. It does sound like you need a new sim card but as said, they won't send one to an overseas address.

There is an overseas number on the link above though you may find live chat your best option.

Message 3 of 3