cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G signal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgraded my sim and tariff so that I could get 4G internet however I still havent got a 4G internet connection  . My area is covered and my phone is compatible Im not sure what else to try anyone got any ideas? I am on a (pay & go tarriff )

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please confirm your on a 4G Payg Tariff by checking in your Myo2

Check your 4G setting is on in your phone. Does it say 4G in the status banner at the top of the phone.

Which phone are you using ?

Check your sim says 4g on it.

Check here to see that 4g is showing as good in your area http://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am on the £20 big bundle which supports 2g/3g/4g. No there is no 4G at the top of my screen just (H) symbol I am using a LG G2
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is the breakdown of data speeds http://rhsayem.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/what-does-it-mean-g-e-h-h-3g-in.html?m=1

H stands for HDSPA and is the 3G network. Most phones display it as 3G but there are some models that display it as H or HDSPA. 

What does your service status say ?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • From the Home screen, tap All applications.
  • Tap Settings then tap Networks.
  • Tap on Tethering & Networks then tap Mobile networks.
  • Tap on Network Mode.
  • Choose between 2G/3G auto or 2G/3G/4G auto.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to check your SIM card. Does it say 4GPP or similar on it? If not then your sim will only be 3g and will need swapping (free at an o2 store is easiest)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You need to check your SIM card. Does it say 4GPP or similar on it? If not then your sim will only be 3g and will need swapping (free at an o2 store is easiest)

One of the answers we are waiting on but a good heads up @Anonymous  slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I mentioned on my first post that I have upgraded my sim card. I switched to a 4G sim card before I changed my tariff. I checked and my network mode is automatic (4g/3g/2g) thanks
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I mentioned on my first post that I have upgraded my sim card. I switched to a 4G sim card before I changed my tariff. I checked and my network mode is automatic (4g/3g/2g) thanks

And your service status ?

It has been known for the old 3g sim still to be issued out in error hence us asking if it says 4g on the sim card.

Try removing the sim and clean it too.

Try https://www.o2.co.uk/4g/setup/

How long ago did you upgrade as it may just be settling.

You could Call o2 on 4445 to check your account.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I would try moving around your area of 4G coverage and see if you can get it somewhere else.
I am in a good 4G coverage area but I don't get it everywhere within that area....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10