Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upgrade- sim not provisioned

Lilia1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On the 6th April I did a sim swap via text. My sim deactivated straight away, my new sim that was sent with my new device (iPhone XR) didn’t activate. After phoning 02 customer care 5 times, they sent out another sim which I received on the 11th April, and I am STILL WITHOUT SERVICE!!! I am beyond frustrated. I have phoned about 11 time’s and no one knows what to do or how to resolve this. Now is not the time to be without service- can’t call, can text anyone, can’t receive calls - it says the ‘number you are calling is not recognised’ it’s like my number doesn’t even exist anymore!?!! Please can someone help me!!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123126 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Lilia1 

I'm sorry but you have to continue to call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Some other numbers to try

0800 977 73370800 587 4005 and 0800 090 1808

You could try Skype 0800 032 1402

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/td-p/1305104

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Lilia1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They just keep telling me to wait 24 hours and that there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work. I can’t keep calling! I’ve called 11 times and get told a number of ridiculous nonsensical excuses or they just stay silent because they have no idea what to do. Also every time I’m calling I have to borrow my neighbours phone. So to tell me ‘just to keep calling’ is not helpful at all
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123126 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Well I'm sorry about that but its the only advice we can give. You have a PC obviously, so try the Skype number I gave instead of telling me my advice wasn't helpful at at all!

People have got through today but they are closed now so try again tomorrow at 8am.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Lilia1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No I don’t have a pc. Using WiFi connection on my phone.
Message 5 of 8

Lilia1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To explain the same thing over and over every day on the phone with no viable solution is so frustrating. No one know what to do
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123126 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

You can still use Skype then.

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/skype-for-mobile/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
We are just customers like you @Lilia1, and the advice that @Cleoriff has given is all that we can say.
Number moves at o2 are taking far longer than normal, whether from another company or just from one sim to another. Probably down to the Corona Virus and lower staff numbers.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8