Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to 02 receiving calls issue.

Padcontrol
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I recently moved from Virgin to O2 after changing my virgin package to the new ultimate volt. Using the O2 SIM now, ive ported over my old number. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have had 0 issues on Virgin Mobile.

Mobile data is fine, sending and receiving texts is fine, I can also make calls fine.

2 big issues which I can't figure out.

1. 4G calling (VoLTE) is no longer working since the switch to O2.

2. I can only receive phone calls from iPhones. No android phone can call me, it goes straight to an engaged tone and cuts the call.

I have tried a second SIM swap, that has not solved the issue. I have tried inserting the SIM into a different device (both android and iPhone) and same problem.

I have also gone into store, and the rep who straight up told me they can't do anything for me in shop and this can only be resolved via customers services.

So, if there is anyone that can help I'd appreciated it. Bit of a nightmare since switching.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Padcontrol 

Call 202 from your phone for customer service. 

8.00am is the best time to call. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Padcontrol
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have done. Was passed over the phone twice, and in the end I was told to go in-store and one of the 'gurus' should help fix the issue.

I drove to the store and they said they couldn't do anything. They couldn't understand why customer services told me to go in-store. So now I'm told to just wait a couple of days and ring again if the problem continues to persist. Not impressed. 

Message 3 of 3