cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tariff, same network...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, got a question for you... So your contract is coming to an end, you want to stay with o2, but want to change to a 12 month sim only deal... Can o2 transfer all the new info onto your current sim? Or will they have to send you a new sim? Also wanting to keep my number! Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just keep your sim, call cs on 202 and they will change it their side so you don't need to change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just keep your sim, call cs on 202 and they will change it their side so you don't need to change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You star!!! Thanks MI5!!! 😀😃😀 xxx.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Anytime slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You will usually get a new sim...if you don't want to use it just pop it in a drawer 'in case'. I took out a new simo last week and I wasn't changing phones or anything else...I told them I didn't need the sim...but I think it's custom and practice for them to send one out...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah they always send one in case you're changing phones and need a different size, but no need to do anything if only changing tariff.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!!! 😀😃😀 xxx.
Message 7 of 7