Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New handset

Peter42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My current 24 month O2 monthly contract is complete and, staying with O2, I am about to get a new handset. I have two questions;

1. What do I have to do to keep my existing number, is it simply a case of taking the Nano sim out of the old phone and placing it in the new one? Or what?   

2. How do I cancel my existing, finalised, contract so that I do not continue paying it as well as the new one.

Many thanks for any helpful suggestions,

Peter

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Peter42To answer your question, yes you can put your old sim in your new phone. However if your new phone is 5G capable (and you are in a 5G area) then you need to do a sim swap with the new sim which comes with the phone Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

2) If you upgraded, your old contract will be cancelled automatically by O2. Your first bill will be a bit higher to allow for the pro rata payment from old contract.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum. 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Peter42To answer your question, yes you can put your old sim in your new phone. However if your new phone is 5G capable (and you are in a 5G area) then you need to do a sim swap with the new sim which comes with the phone Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

2) If you upgraded, your old contract will be cancelled automatically by O2. Your first bill will be a bit higher to allow for the pro rata payment from old contract.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum. 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2