Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract complete farse

Swilson11111
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am an EE mobile customer but wanted the 512Gb iPad which EE don't do so ordered one pay monthly from O2.

Everything went through as expected, order was completed and showing as ready to collect. I went to the store to collect and was told I needed I need a four digit number which I had never received. The store spent about an hour trying to figure it out as they could see my order, had the iPad, but couldn't release it without the number. The store were advised that I would have to contact support to figure this out.

After spending an hour on the phone to support I was told that they couldn't provide the code, but that if I went back to the store they could sort it. So, I went back to the store who again referred me back to support.

So there you have it. I have an iPad, and no one knows absolutely anything at all about what can be done about me getting it. Not to worry though, apparently if I don't collect the iPad within 7 days it will automatically cancel, but I won't get back the money I paid up front.

It has been hassle, but with customer service like that I sense I may have paid a small fee to dodge a bullet in the future.

Complete farse.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marjo @Martin-O2  can you help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for tagging us @MI5. Sorry to hear that you've been having such frustrating time with this @Swilson11111 ! 😞 I'd like to get someone on our end to have a closer look at this for you. I'll need a few additional details so I'll drop you a Private Message here on the forum shortly. Hang in there!

Message 3 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Wouldn't the code they was on about be sent to the iPad SIM card if they had activated it in a phone or something
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not before you had collected it no. It should be emailed so might be in spam or wrong emails address?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ah true @MI5
Message 6 of 6