Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and old mobile deal.

STRINGZ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with 02 for years and I have just 'upgraded' from a plan costing £9.92 per month to one costing £8 per month with more minutes, etc. 

My question is two-fold.  Why do O2 not inform their existing ,valuable' customers that they are paying more for a service than they should be.  I would have much more loyalty to O2 if they could be bothered to drop me a line and say, there is a better deal for you.

Part 2.  Will my existing contract payment term run concurrently, such that I pay twice for the deal or will the new deal only kick in once the old one has expired. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

1.No network does. Is the £8 deal through a 3rd Party such as USwitch.

It is always a good idea to review your tariff on a regular basis.

2. It depends how you took out the new tariff whether you pay for two or not.

If an upgrade, then no. If a completely new tariff then yes, and you will need to migrate the old number across

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@STRINGZ 

It's also fair to say that in the UK, loyalty is not rewarded. Whether it's telecoms and mobile 'phones, utilities, insurance etc or the rate of interest that a financial institution offers on savings, those who move tend to get better deals than those who stay put. 

As @Enlli says, you need to review your options on a regular basis and shop around.   

Message 3 of 3