cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - or should I say new non-user!

Non-User
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I just unlucky or is O2 really this bad?

I ordered a pay monthly sim on 18th December it didn’t arrive.

managed to get through to someone on 23rd who ordered a replacement sim.

what is the point of providing a tracking number that Royal Mail doesn’t recognise!

Not seen anything from O2 until today when the original sim Sim arrived that’s 20 days! 
Wanted to know if The original sim could be used, After an hour of going backwards and forwards through various web pages and just going around in circles finally asked the question but subsequently realised this was just a messenger style page, so once again trudging through a whole raft of web pages again finally got through to Live chat, at last! What a waste of time! 15 minutes of questions that had nothing to do with what I wanted to know and then I had to stop the chat as I had other business to attend to. So here we are now about to start the 21 day waiting to move to O2 and being charged for the pleasure.

So can I use the original sim?

I hate to think how difficult it will be, especially as I’m porting my original number. Feeling ready to give up ask for my money back and find another company. 
The best of it was I was ready to get a new phone, went into store only for the sales person to advise me that he couldn’t supply one separately from my sim deal so sent me to Argos instead. Given the circumstances I was so pleased that I avoided a nightmare for the device too.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If nthey have ordered a new sim then the one you now have will have been disconnected

This community would be one man and his dog if O2 could port or migrate a number and if they could connect watches to the phone number required and if they could keep their masts in a state of good maintenance!

MUST be the worst network at present.....!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

Run now whilst you can........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If nthey have ordered a new sim then the one you now have will have been disconnected

This community would be one man and his dog if O2 could port or migrate a number and if they could connect watches to the phone number required and if they could keep their masts in a state of good maintenance!

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36456 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yet I bet they come out smelling of roses on the next Customer Service Awards junket, @jonsie 🤷

Message 4 of 6

rky_com
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same thing happened to me, I took the contract in November 2022 and received the sim on 7 Dec but that didn’t work as they sent a replacement sim and it came on 11th Dec

so I visited on 7th Dec only to o2 store with ID proof and all got sorted otherwise 11th is so long to wait.

Software Engineer

New O2 Customer since Dec 2022
Using - iPhone 14 Pro | Apple Watch | Pay Monthly O2 Sim
Message 5 of 6

rky_com
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In such cases, use Uswitch or any offer site, order the sim and visit store next day with order number and ID and you can get the sim hand to hand.

you can also get in store the sim hand to hand but plans can be expensive while on Uswitch it is much cheaper 

you can also avail student discount or corporate discount using o2 open, student one is 20% while corporate is 25% (t&c apply)

Software Engineer

New O2 Customer since Dec 2022
Using - iPhone 14 Pro | Apple Watch | Pay Monthly O2 Sim
Message 6 of 6