cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pay Monthly Sim Only Unlimited Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have some new pay monthly sim only tariffs advertised but when i rang customer service to change my simplicity 15 to the new £14.69 tariff they dont have it on their systems and they dont have any knowledge of the tariffs....

If you goto the main o2 site and then on the bottom left corner click on the link for EXCLUSIVE PAY & GO OFFER, it will take you to:- http://freesim.o2.co.uk/nvBtjrmP

on there on the top right hand corner click on "O2'S BEST VALUE PAY MONTHLY SIM"

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET:-

O2 free Pay Monthly sim

Our best value O2 sim gives you unlimited UK calls and texts to anyone on O2, plus 1200 texts and 600 minutes to any UK network. All for only £19.58 a month. Simply pay by direct debit and with a 30-day rolling contract, you’re not tied into anything long-term. You can even keep your phone number.

When your sim arrives, go online to activate it at www.o2.co.uk/activatemysim. You will be subject to a light credit check and then the goodness of our best value sim is all yours to enjoy.

O2 Tariff details Monthly charge: Allowance:
£14.69 Unlimited UK calls & texts to everyone on O2, plus 300 extra minutes and 600 extra texts
£19.58 Unlimited UK calls & texts to everyone on O2, plus 600 extra minutes and 1200 extra texts
£29.38 Unlimited UK calls & texts to everyone on O2, plus 1200 extra minutes and 2400 extra texts

* Extra details

Excessive usage policy applies. UK only. Calls to most 08 numbers cost 20p/min, or 35p/min for 0871. For a full list of charges for 08 numbers, see o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/special numbers.

Read our terms and conditions for full details

ANY IDEA HOW I CAN UPGRADE TO THIS WITHOUT ORDERING THE NEW SIM.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
If you want to keep your old number you can port it onto the new sim.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
its not just the number i am bothered about, i have discounts on this account which i dont want to lose.
Message 3 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I don't think you can transfer those.

You will probably have to apply again, best to speak to O2 Sales.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i signed up for this sim a week ago and the sims arrived this morning, having problems activating it online though so called up o2 and they knew nothgin about it!! i had to tell them where to look on their wensite to see this sim!##

Anyway, when i go through all the screens asking for sim number, address card details etc it then says:

"O2 Activation
System outage"

"Sorry there has been a problem and your sim card has not been activated.

We apologise but there has been a technical issue and we cannot complete your sim activation at this time. Please try again.

If you used a prepaid card when you entered your card details, O2 does not accept these and you can try again using another card.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Ive tried to activate it all day and spoke to O2 who said they cant help and to go into a store to take out the offer!

Anyone had this error before ?
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i signed up for this sim a week ago and the sims arrived this morning, having problems activating it online though so called up o2 and they knew nothgin about it!! i had to tell them where to look on their wensite to see this sim!##
Anyway, when i go through all the screens asking for sim number, address card details etc it then says:
"O2 Activation
System outage"

"Sorry there has been a problem and your sim card has not been activated.

We apologise but there has been a technical issue and we cannot complete your sim activation at this time. Please try again.
If you used a prepaid card when you entered your card details, O2 does not accept these and you can try again using another card.
We apologise for any inconvenience."

Ive tried to activate it all day and spoke to O2 who said they cant help and to go into a store to take out the offer!
Anyone had this error before ?

I got the same error it's really annoying me.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just been on the phone for 1 hour 35 minutes trying to sort this problem out, fortunatly it was their 0800 number!! it seems NO ONE at O2 knows how to register this sim or has ANY contact details for any department that knows much at all about this sim!! i would suggest if your having problems call up and complain.

I have been told to e mail mycare@o2.com with a screen grab of the page and the sim number, ive done this and await a reply, bet i dont hear anything!!
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
To upgrade you need to upgrade online, if you click on the 'Activate SIM card' number, it has an FAQ and it says to upgrade online.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just been on the phone for 1 hour 35 minutes trying to sort this problem out, fortunatly it was their 0800 number!! it seems NO ONE at O2 knows how to register this sim or has ANY contact details for any department that knows much at all about this sim!! i would suggest if your having problems call up and complain.
I have been told to e mail mycare@o2.com with a screen grab of the page and the sim number, ive done this and await a reply, bet i dont hear anything!!

Spent 45 mins on the phone to them to only get the same message "sorry we send sims already activated i dont understand why you have to activate it online"
Message 9 of 9