cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network poor reception (signal and speed)

Giove
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been invited to switch from Virgin Mobile to O2 as part of my Virgin package.

I have noticed that my signal is often switching to 3G in areas where in the past I have had no problems.

This is frustrating as things like online payments, Apple Pay and similar may not work.

The recommended solution is to 'check the network coverage' which is limited to a particular postcode.

If I have issues with coverage I don't really need to check coverage? I can see it by myself!

Coverage should be consistent in most areas but I find that O2 is very unreliable.
I am starting to think I made a mistake switching ....

Any one has similar experience?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Giove 

No network works 100% everywhere.

We always advise that anyone checks for coverage in the areas they frequent before switching.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Giove 

No network works 100% everywhere.

We always advise that anyone checks for coverage in the areas they frequent before switching.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2