cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network coverage - mast not working!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am a new O2 customer.

I'm having problems with my phone. The majority of the time I can't make calls or recieve them. If I'm lucky enough to manage to get through then the call will end halfway through.

I use my phone for my business and also I have two poorly people I'm responsible for, so my phone working is so important for me.

I contacted a guru online and he said a mast wasn't working near me but couldn't give a time frame as to when the problem will be fixed. I checked my network coverage and there are at least three masts very close to me. 

Anyone have experience of this? I can't call O2 either to check on when it will be fixed. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is usually all okay within the week.

The 2 masts near you will be very busy as one isn't working and all the traffic is going to them, so your service will be very intermittent while that is the case.

You can check for updates at status.o2.co.uk - but as of tomorrow there is an application called TuGo coming out that will enable you to use your home wifi to make calls and texts so there shouldn't be a problem slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is usually all okay within the week.

The 2 masts near you will be very busy as one isn't working and all the traffic is going to them, so your service will be very intermittent while that is the case.

You can check for updates at status.o2.co.uk - but as of tomorrow there is an application called TuGo coming out that will enable you to use your home wifi to make calls and texts so there shouldn't be a problem slight_smile

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You need to put your full postcode in here to check your service:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you have a wi-fi router at home O2 are releasing a smartphone app tomorrow called Tu Go which might help until the mast is fixed.

They cannot give you a time to fix so no point in asking I'm afraid.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I'll get that app slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Hope you're sorted out soon. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6