cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Guys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi People,

Heres my dilemma, I have a Samsung G800 and to be honest...Its crap, it keeps cutting out and turning off, I had the same problem with my samsung G600. I had to replace that one 4 times... Anyway, I'm 6 months into an 18 month contract on a £45 a month tarriff. Is there anyway 02 would give me a different phone or upgrade me earlier... I don't want a samsung as keep having problems with these. Wouldn't mind a Blackberry or iPhone. Any ideas of how I could get one of these or changing my phone? Any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your only option would be to buy an o2 PAYG, or SIM free phone, I'm afraid.

o2 might let you pay off your contract, but that would cost even more than buying the new iPhone 3GS outright.

I know you don't like your current phone, but if it's faulty, o2 are obliged to send it to be repaired, while you're under contract.

SV
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 will only let you buy yourself to upgrade to the Iphone.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 will only let you buy yourself to upgrade to the Iphone.

Yeah, but wanty, at 12 x £45 = £540, plus the price of the iPhone on, for example a £45 tariff, it's hardly a viable option.

Aaron could get a 32GB iPhone for £540 on PAYG, and carry on with his current contract.

SV
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed, I was just saying for clarification in case they decided on a different phone.

And amazingly, people have paid what you just quoted. grin
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
And amazingly, people have paid what you just quoted. grin

Well, there's no way of controlling the compulsion for new shiny things, I have been victim myself of this urge 35 times as you know slight_smile

SV
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah cheerz people, so basically unless I pay £540 i'm screwed with this phone... I will get it fixed, but its the thought of it always having the same problem like the G600 did and keep gettin it fixed for the next 12months.... I was just thinking... I'm on a 18month contract, does o2 let you upgrade after 12months if you sign up for another 18 month contract!?

A
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, you can only upgrade at month 17 unless you're a high spender.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh right, well i'm on a £45 tarriff. My last samsung I had for 12 months and upgraded early but must have changed 😞
Message 9 of 9