Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly four weeks of pain - still no working phone

MingoPoppy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I “upgraded” at the start of July to a refurbished iPhone 13 as my old iPhone SE was full and barely working. The new SIM card never connected to a network; I took the phone into a store and they confirmed it was the phone that was faulty but said they couldn’t do anything as I ordered it online. I spent two hours traipsing around O2 and Apple in Oxford Street in +30 degree heat to no avail. O2 sent me another SIM card, which didn’t work either. In between this I went on holiday and needed a working phone, so had to revert to my old one (which is full and barely functions). I ended up using 3 separate phones just to be able to operate.

O2 advised me over the phone today to order a new phone and return the faulty one to give the best chance of getting a working phone before I go away again. I’ve just tried that and I’ve failed the credit check - absolutely unbelievable as my credit score is excellent. I’m worried this will hurt my credit rating through no fault of my own.

I’m at my absolute wits’ end and furious with O2. I’m about to go abroad again for work and I still don’t have a working phone, after nearly 4 weeks. Any ideas for how I can make a formal complaint and get this sorted would be most welcome.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MingoPoppy 

I'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Lisa who is on at 8am. She will send you a private message so check the envelope icon top right of the page.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MingoPoppy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff.

@MingoPoppy I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @Cleoriff slight_smile

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MingoPoppy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to everyone who has helped, especially Lisa, but unfortunately O2 were ultimately unable to resolve my issue (after multiple hours on the phone and a rather fraught trip to their head office yesterday). I’ve signed up with Vodafone today and will be cancelling my O2 contract and pursuing a formal complaint. Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @MingoPoppy. Hope you have a better experience with Vodafone.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8