cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim won't send messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a new sim activated today it will not allow me to send any text messages i had do everything else why is this ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please take a look at this link to see if it resolves your issue: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),CASE=12994

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Is this anything to do with your thread from yesterday when you stated you had lost your sim? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Sim/m-p/1103950#M144406

Did you collect the new sim instore and did O2 activate it for you?

Have you rebooted the phone?

I am only asking these questions as you didn't return to your previous thread to respond to answers given.

Either way, if you are having issues you may have to contact customer services as the new sim may not have been activated properly.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Messages are usually the last to come online after a number port or sim swap. A full 24 hours can be needed sometimes.
The other possibility is that it’s the wrong type of sim being used, ie a PAYG sim for a contract or vice versa.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you reported it lost then your number may have a bar on it which will need customer service to remove for you
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I never saw the OP's other post from yesterday. Kind of frustrating when people don't come back and update their threads.Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If you reported it lost then your number may have a bar on it which will need customer service to remove for you

In which case it would be nothing working, not just messages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I never saw the OP's other post from yesterday. Kind of frustrating when people don't come back and update their threads.Smiley Frustrated

I wholeheartedly agree @Bambino ... (I read a lot on the O2 Community) ... slight_frown

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can only hope @Anonymous comes back to this thread...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Are you still having issues? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10