Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone has stopped allowing international calls

Deedre
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having same trouble as I currently cannot ring a number in Republic of Ireland from Northern Ireland. Any help greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Deedre 

Calls will be charged so if you have a zero spend cap you need to increase it Guide: Spend caps on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Deedre If you and the person you're calling in ROI download WhatsApp you can call, text, and video call over a WiFi connection for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Deedre 

Skype is potentially another option :-

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

There have been some who find sending SMS from O2 or TescoMobile phones in UK to Ireland is erratic - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Issue-sending-international-SMS-to-the-Irish-EIR-network/...

Not heard of the same issue with calls, but the zero spend cap mentioned above will get in the way as an international call from UK to Ireland, which is how O2 see it, is chargeable. Suggestions about WhatsApp (and similar products) are the best way to get around this, if both parties can run WhatsApp on their handset and have access to a reliable data connection @Deedre.

Message 5 of 8

idontwanttoregi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an observation that if the best suggestion users have for international calls failing is to use Skype or WhatsApp then we should all be moving networks!  I have posted a query on this topic, could not call my car hire provider in Lanzarote, message said, "This number has not been allocated" whatever that means, but my partner made the call easily.

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@idontwanttoregi wrote:

Just an observation that if the best suggestion users have for international calls failing is to use Skype or WhatsApp then we should all be moving networks!  I have posted a query on this topic, could not call my car hire provider in Lanzarote, message said, "This number has not been allocated" whatever that means, but my partner made the call easily.

Did you check your spend cap?

But if you want to change provider 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

And further info requested on your other post, @idontwanttoregi - perhaps keep the answers to that thread, for simplicity? Just a suggestion, you are, of course, quite at liberty to post wherever you want, it is a Customer Forum, after all.

Message 8 of 8