cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My partner was lied too, awful costomer service.

Stevie1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My partner was lied too by 02 staff.

My heavily pregnant partner was due an upgrade so went into her local 02 shop, she was after the iPhone 13, she had a pushy saleswoman pressure her into buying the iPhone 13 l, unlimited calls, texts and Internet. She was with my 2 year old at the time who was having a total meltdown in the shop, the saleswoman kept saying its okay, almost done, any minute now. She was then bugging my partner to get a tablet for my two year old even though she already has one. She asked to see the contract before signing and was told it wasn't available and only after signing on the computer tablet she would get a copy emailed.

As soon as she told me what had happened I told her to call and cancel. She did and was told it didn't matter about sending in the devices straight away and that the contract was cancelled. We were on leaving for holiday a day later so didn't have the time to receive the bags and send them away so had to wait. Until we got back. While on holiday she noticed money had been taken out the account by 02 and called and was told the contract was not cancelled because they didn't receive the devices. We explained what happened at the shop and on the phone but were hung up on about THREE MORE TIMES. After actually getting someone who understood and checked the recordings they confirmed all we would have to do is send in devices and that would be it. Cancelled, we were leaving the day after this call so no problem. As soon as we got home we returned devices. My partner while in hospital with covid and pregnant 31 weeks, notices her 4g is cut off and gets a threatening text from 02 being told if she doesn't pay legal action was going to be taken. She called and explained the situation but they want £1,015 cancellation fee. Even though she was told twice the contract was cancelled .. any advice ?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Stevie1991 

I would raise a complaint here: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You should have gone back into store and cancelled the contract, as you cant return them via the remote channels.. 

madasaf1sh_0-1653682390609.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Stevie1991 

I would raise a complaint here: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You should have gone back into store and cancelled the contract, as you cant return them via the remote channels.. 

madasaf1sh_0-1653682390609.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2