cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Month's Data Allowance gone in less than 24 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not used for anything. All automatic data services on my phone (iPhone) switched off. All 100MB are reported to be used up. What is going on?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
100mb is a tiny amount these days.
Look in your settings to see which apps have consumed the most data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm surprised 100mb has lasted 24 hours tbh. You need to look at upgrading your allowances or stop the apps that are using it. Most will use data to update in the background. 

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn off background refresh. Turn off mobile data on all your apps in settings. Restrict which apps use your location or turn location services off & turn mobile data off & just use wifi

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not used data services for anything this month. All automatic data services on my phone (iPhone) switched off as is WiFi and location. No data usage owned up to by any of my apps. I switch on location when I am lost, I switch on data on the odd occasion when I want to send a i-messageand WiFi when I want to use the internet on my phone -but only at home. All promptly switched off after use.

For the last 12 months my data usage has been 80MB in a month although last month I used up my 'tiny' allowance in about two weeks. This month within hours.

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Give cs a call and ask them to investigate - it could be the phantom iPhone vanishing data trick which no one at o2 will ever admit to but they should refund you your 100mb of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
"IPhone vanishing data trick" I've been lucky enough to have avoided this magic show...
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It strikes at random times to random people. Most O2 iphone users have had it at some point.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
"IPhone vanishing data trick" I've been lucky enough to have avoided this magic show...

Lucky you Charlie.....You may get the rabbit out of the hat though...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16