cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Card was stolen. Can't pay bill :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just before christmas my Wallet was stolen and i had money taken out of my account. lloyds Put a bar on it and it's being investigated now. I have since had two seperate Debit cards sent out but all of them have still had the block on them due to a error at the Bank. I will be getting a new card on the 18th-23rd which i have been told WILL work.
My bill was due on the first but i need to pay it by the 16th. I contacted an advisor online to ask if i could pay by cash. Unfortunatly that doesn't seem an option. I called earlier today and asked if i could pay with a family members card and was told i can't. I am now stuck. I don't mind getting cut off for a few days but i am worried about it affecting my credit report etc. Last time i went a day over i got a letter saying they were going to take action. Is there ANYWAY i can pay without using my card? I have the money sat right next to me lol

P.s I don't want to set up a direct debit. In the past i have had trouble with DD phone contracts. When i was with Vodafone they took out (£100) randomly and then i had to waittwo weeks to get it back. I also had something similar happen with Orange.   

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just before christmas my Wallet was stolen and i had money taken out of my account. lloyds Put a bar on it and it's being investigated now. I have since had two seperate Debit cards sent out but all of them have still had the block on them due to a error at the Bank. I will be getting a new card on the 18th-23rd which i have been told WILL work.
My bill was due on the first but i need to pay it by the 16th. I contacted an advisor online to ask if i could pay by cash. Unfortunatly that doesn't seem an option. I called earlier today and asked if i could pay with a family members card and was told i can't. I am now stuck. I don't mind getting cut off for a few days but i am worried about it affecting my credit report etc. Last time i went a day over i got a letter saying they were going to take action. Is there ANYWAY i can pay without using my card? I have the money sat right next to me lol

P.s I don't want to set up a direct debit. In the past i have had trouble with DD phone contracts. When i was with Vodafone they took out (£100) randomly and then i had to waittwo weeks to get it back. I also had something similar happen with Orange.   

Hey

Sorry to hear about your card.  You can pay by another card, as long as that cardholder is present.  call 202 and they'll help you.

You can also pay by bank transfer, but that takes longer. Again call 202 and they'll give you info.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried logging in to my O2 and paying it there that can be done with a different card it doesn't have to be your card I have done it several times
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey

Sorry to hear about your card.  You can pay by another card, as long as that cardholder is present.  call 202 and they'll help you.

You can also pay by bank transfer, but that takes longer. Again call 202 and they'll give you info.

Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand your hesitation to setting up a direct debit but it is really the way to sort this.
Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
😞 Unfortunately i can't pay online. I used to but apparently the website doesn't support my type of contract. Even when i phone up i have to pay twice for the same phone.
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Pablo has said ring 202 you can certainly use someone else's card as long as they are there
Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ill try calling up again tomorrow and seeing but he didn't sound that keen on doing it if she was here. Grrr really wish there was a way to pay it by cash.
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just thought. I doubt a direct debit would go through either. One of my other Direct Debits got turned away a few days back. luckily i could pay that by cash.
Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do it over the phone you should even be able to do it on the automated system if not do you have a chequebook?
Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't but i do know some one with one. But doesn;t that take like 7 days to clear? By then i';; hopefully have my working card 😞 Also automated service doesn't work 😞 I just get put through to an advisor.

Message 10 of 31