Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisave in contracts activated same day

littlemeow
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello. I got two contracts with o2 (through different third party offers, but they took me to the actual o2 page, so no issue there). If I signed up for both contracts on the same day, but the confirmation for each was hours apart only, is there a way to choose the lead line to be the one with lower cost, and the discounted line the one with higher cost? The one I signed up for first was the one with higher cost, but the first sim activated on my phone was the one of lower cost.

I sent LOYALTY 07...(number of line with lower cost) 07...(number of line with higher cost)

Is there a good case to argue here? Or am I doomed because the higher cost line was the first one I signed up for online (albeit only some hours of difference)?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@littlemeow 

You're doomed unfortunately.

The first line is the lead and cannot be changed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@littlemeow 

You're doomed unfortunately.

The first line is the lead and cannot be changed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

littlemeow
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I wonder, if the lead line is cancelled and then I sign up for a third one, would the second line become the lead one? I appreciate it is a bit of a strange question, but with the RPI increases and the fact that I need an operator with certain technical features only found in VF, o2, and Three any discount helps massively.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@littlemeow 

In theory it should work, but not aware of anyone who has tried it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@littlemeow 

Just to add there is a further complication to add in, and that is if you cancel the first line you signed up for and are in the 14day period, there is no guarantee o2 will approve a new line for you, so you could end up with just one contract.. 

The risk is yours to take

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If the contracts are for phone plus airtime it isn't worth the risk of cancelling and another search on your credit file in such a short period of time could have a detrimental effect on a further purchase

If they are for sim only then you will still see the option to upgrade in My O2 and you can then change the discounted line to the dearer tariff after a month

Message 6 of 6