Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to different contract SIM on Virgin as part of TV bundle deal

Linsdoll
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning. I hope someone can help with this. My husband has recently changed our TV package with Virgin Media to the Volt package and this includes a SIM deal with O2. His phone contract is with virgin mobile and only recently changed contract so he can’t use it. As I have an existing O2 account and contract (from April 2022 for 18 months) he has suggested I cancel my contract and take out the new one (effectively still with O2) and for more money I might add and take the SIM deal. I plan on keeping my number and have already given the PAC code to virgin media. The new SIM has been sent out with a temporary number on it and they will port over my existing number. Does anyone see a problem with this and will I need to pay an exit fee even though technically I am staying with O2 but SIM is under husbands name and he will be paying more per month than what I currently do. Sorry for complicated question! Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Linsdoll 

Yes you will need to pay off the remaining airtime and any device plan on the current contract. 

You also dont need a PAC code as you are not moving networks, have a look at this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2   and the Migration part to move the number across. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Linsdoll 

Yes you will need to pay off the remaining airtime and any device plan on the current contract. 

You also dont need a PAC code as you are not moving networks, have a look at this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2   and the Migration part to move the number across. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2